Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011


I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!  Since my five year high school reunion was the night before, I spent the morning recovering on the couch, cuddling with my cat and watching the Purina Dog Show.  Well, mostly my cat was cuddling with the bf, because she loves him way more than me.  Look at that loving gaze!

what a model

I love watching the dog show.  It's way better than football and the Macy's Day parade, in my opinion.  I never knew how many different breeds of dogs there are!  It really made me miss my dog who passed away this summer.  I miss you Rex!

Here's my favorite picture of him:

Rex
While watching the dog show, I snacked on some "pickies".  My mom always makes these little cinnamon things, which my boyfriend described as shrunken stale cinnamon rolls.  They taste better than they sound,  To make them:
Roll out a pie crust to about 1/4".  Spread butter/margarine over the whole thing.  Sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar over the butter.   Cut into strips about 6 inches long and an inch wide.  Roll them up and pop them in the oven until they are slightly brown.  They are very easy to burn so keep an eye on them.

Since we were having dinner at my bf's house this year, I didn't get to have dinner with my family.  But there are tons of leftovers that I'm pretty excited about.  I can't wait to have one of these, that my aunt brought:




whoopie pies!
Today, I'm meeting a friend at the gym later this afternoon.  I hope he can show me how to use some of the weight machines, since I usually stick to the Cardio side of the gym.  I'm definitely a Cardio Junkie, but I'm looking to learn more about strength training.  I'll let you know how it goes!


I need to give a shout out to my 3 newest readers:  Serena, Melissa, and Holly! 3 peas in a pod!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!