Sunday, December 18, 2011

Oye's and last workout before the 5k


Friday night I decided to take my bf out to dinner.  He recently started a new job and has been working a lot, so I thought he deserved a treat.  I even let him pick the destination!  He suggested we go to Oye’s, an Asian fusion restaurant in Reading.  We haven’t been there for a while, so I was pretty excited for it.
Since I’m really boring, I always order the same thing: miso soup and Pad thai with tofu.  But this time I ordered the Pad Thai with tofu AND Shrimp.  I know, I’m so interesting.  The bf ordered yaki udon noodles (which I had no idea what they were), and crab Rangoon.  






I rate Oye’s 3.5 out of 5 peas.  The food is great, the atmosphere is lovely(they had a live jazz band last night), but the service is not always the best.  

Saturday morning I headed to the gym for a workout.  I ran a mile just to loosen my legs up from Friday's run with cement filledsneakers.  Then, I hit the arc for a 20 minute cardio workout.  After that I used some ab machines, and the hip abductor machine.  After the machines I stretched, and then did a few core exercises such as the plank.  I made sure not to over do it because I wanted to be in tip top shape for the 5k! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!