Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mike's Law School Graduation

Friday was a special day, my big brothers graduation from Law School!
I went to the commencement ceremony with my Mom, Dad, Grandma, and my brother's girlfriend, Yulia.  The ceremony was held at the Wang Theatre, which is gorgeous.  It was a really nice location, and even though it wasn't super hot, I was secretly glad it was held inside!  


The ceremony was nice, and it wasn't too long or boring.  I found out an interesting fact about New England Law, they were the first and only law school to allow women to attend! They were founded in 1908, so they were teaching women law before women even had the right to vote.  I thought that was pretty awesome.

After the ceremony, we met up with my brother, snapped some pics, and went to lunch.  Our original plan was to go to Texas Roadhouse. but when we got there, we saw it was under construction, and wasn't going to open until 3:30!  At this point it was only 2pm, so we decided to go to Chili's instead.
I wish my brother's eyes were open...
At Chili's, I got a blue moon to drink, and the shrimp tacos for my meal.  They were so good!  I think I ordered them because they have a giant strip of avocado in each taco and I had been craving some.

 mmmm, avocado.

But anyway, I'm really proud of my brother!  He is now the highest educated person in our immediate family (he's a doctor of law!), and I wish him all the luck in taking the bar, and finding employment.  I know he will make a terrific lawyer, so I wish him all the luck in the world. 
P.S: I'm getting his diploma framed for his graduation present, and I'm nervous just having it in my possession!  That's an expensive degree!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!