Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lunches taste better when they're free

Today was my lucky day!   I didn't brown bag my lunch so my coworker and I decided to go to the Clover Food Lab truck. As we got closer to the food truck we saw some people wearing boston.com t-shirts and holding balloons. At first I thought they were handing out balloons, for me that was exciting enough! But then we got an even better surprise while waiting in line. We were told the first 50 people in line today would receive a free lunch from Clover Foods courtesy of Boston.com. The reason being it's Boston.com's sweet 16 and they are celebrating all over town. Wahooo! After I spent all morning being a human pin cushion getting skin tested for a bee sting allergy, this was just the pick-me-up I needed.

I ordered the Chickpea fritter, (which I call felafel) and even though they ran out of tahini sauce, it was still delicious. I considered ordering the BBQ seitan, but when I asked the guy taking my order about it, he said it was an "acquired taste" and I didn't feel like taking any chances. I stuck with something I knew I'd like. And it was a good decision because we were soon told that anyone who ordered a BBQ seitan would have to wait at least 15 minutes.
I also ordered a cinnamon lemonade for my beverage, a very interesting flavor combination. It was very refreshing! I let my coworker try it and she remarked "I think this is an acquired taste." Must be the phrase of the day.

So, a big Thank You to Boston.com and Happy Birthday! I hope you have a super sweet 16.

Be on the lookout for them, they will be popping up at 16 different locations and handing out gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!