Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bagel Pizza Party!

On Friday, my dear friend/old roommate from college threw a bagel pizza party at her apartment.  I was really excited!  She was supplying the bagels and the guests had to supply the toppings.  I stopped by Whole Foods on my way there to pick up some baby bella mushrooms and fresh broccoli.  I remember as a kid I used to LOVE mushroom pizza, but then as I got older I forgot about it, and now I'm just rediscovering my love for it.
When I arrived they were just setting up the spread.  People brought some awesome toppings!  In addition to my mushrooms and broccoli, we had sliced ham, pineapple, caramelized onions, smoked and un-smoked mozzarella, Monterrey jack cheese, Vegan cheese, fresh tomato, green peppers, olives, basil, rosemary, home made pesto, avocado, and fried eggplant.  My friend made the sauce from scratch and it was perfect, I love when there's a hint of sweetness in my tomato sauce.

The bagels were an assortment from Whole foods, there were plain, wheat, and everything bagels.  We set up an assembly line and then placed the bagels on a baking sheet and put them in the oven until there were nice and crispy with beautiful melted cheese.




Here's how mine came out:


It was amazing!  If only I could learn to eat slower so I could have savored it more.

I drank my wine out of this glass. I'm in love with it:


Another reason this party was so great is because my other old roommate from UVM came down, and I hadn't seen her in over a year.  When she came through the door we just hugged each other for fives minutes and kept saying "I can't believe you're really here!!"  It was such a happy reunion.

This party really got me thinking about moving out.  I can't wait to have my own little dinner parties at my own humble apartment.  What's better than wine and friends and food?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!