Thursday, October 6, 2011

Just me and my treadmill

Tonight is the first time all week that I have had any time to exercise.  So much for my training plan! 
Here's my excuses for the week:
Monday: After work I had an appointment to get a facial at a spa in Melrose.  It was lovely, and afterwards I didn't want to get sweat into my freshly extracted pores! Gross!
Tuesday: I had dinner plans with my Aunt.  We have been trying to find a night that worked for both of us, and I didn't think, "Sorry I can't get dinner, I have to go to the gym" was going to fly with her. Besides: family>exercise.
Wednesday: I went to the Topsfield Fair, my favorite fall event.
Some highlights from the fair:  Sharing a smooch on the top of the Ferris wheel, seeing 3 day old piglets (sooo cute), having hot apple cider and freshly made cider donuts(yumm), and seeing the biggest pumpkin ever (1600 and something pounds)!

So tonight I was determined to have some much needed QT with the treadmill.  I had planned to do two miles and I finished under 25 minutes. It felt pretty good to get my heart rate up and listen to some Katy Perry.  I'm hoping to get 2 more short runs in this week. 

Saturday I'm going apple picking with some friends.  The weather is supposed to be beautiful so I'm really looking forward to it.
 I<3 fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!