Monday, November 14, 2011

Sometimes I eat like a five year old...

It's way harder to eat healthy away from home.  Today I didn't pack a lunch so I went to the MIT Food Court to pick something up.  I ordered some Orange Chicken and fried rice.  Boy, was this a mistake.  The rice was OK, but I got one gross piece of chicken and I think I'm scarred for life.  It made me want to stop eating meat again.

During my junior year of college I was a vegetarian for 5 months.  I must admit I didn't do a very good job.  I lived off on peanut butter and pasta and ended up gaining weight instead of losing weight like I had expected.  I had no idea what to cook.  Without meat, I didn't know what to center my meals around, and I was always hungry.  Towards the end of the semester with the stress of finals I broke down and got some chicken fingers from the dining hall.
 
Nowadays, I don't eat too much meat.  I rarely eat red meat, but I do eat some seafood and turkey and chicken.  Lately I've been asking my mom (yes I still live at home, but what can I say, it's free food!) to pick up some Tofu and I've been trying to make some dinners with that.

Tonight's dinner would be perfect for a 5 year old.  I made a grilled cheese and had some baby carrots on the side.  I also ate the rest of my salad from last night which consisted of mixed greens, sauteed tofu, black olives, feta, green peppers, and chickpeas.  I mostly eat whole wheat bread, but tonight I used white Italian bread from Pace's.  I like to have it once in a while because IT'S SO GOOD.
 
After dinner I went to the gym for a quick workout.  My legs were a little tight from yesterday's marathon 3.4 mile run so I ran a quick mile and the did a nice long stretch.  After that,  I did some crunches, and arm exercises with 8 lb weights.  When I got home from the gym, I was a little hungry, so I had a Blueberry Chobani yogurt.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!