Monday, January 30, 2012

Banana Oat Walnut Bread

Happy Monday!

Here's an easy/kinda healthy/yummy recipe for you!


Adapted from Joy the Baker:

I haven’t baked anything in so long! I was having withdrawals.

I only like to cook/bake if I have the kitchen to myself.  Otherwise, I have to deal with my parents looking over my shoulder, commenting on what I’m making, and repeatedly asking if I’m “going to clean up whatever mess I make, right???”

Since the ‘rents were away, I decided to seize the empty kitchen and make use of the over-ripe bananas sitting in our fruit bowl.


Makes 1 loaf  of  10 slices

- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp  salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 medium egg whites, beaten
- 3 large bananas, ripe
- 3/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oat
-1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
-1/2 tbsp honey


First, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 
Gather all the ingredients.
Combine dry ingredients
 
 In a separate bowl, peel and mash bananas and add oil and one whole egg, then add dry ingredients to wet.
In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until they are medium stiff peaks.
 Then fold in the egg whites in three sections into the mixture.
Pour into greased bread pan.
 Bake for 40-50 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!