Friday, December 9, 2011

Runing with my Bro


Last night, I asked my brother, Mike, if he wanted to go for a run.  To my surprise he said yes.
I know he's been training for the 5k as well, and I was a little nervous I wouldn't be able to keep up with him.  I wore my Nike+ band to track our mileage.  We did his route, which Google maps says is 3.4 miles.  According to my Nike+, it was 3.57 miles.  My brother reasoned that the difference is probably because Google maps doesn’t take "topography" into account.   He's very clever, that brother of mine.

It was nighttime so we suited up in our reflective vests.  Safety First!

I was fully prepared for the weather.  I had a fleece headband to cover my ears, running tights tucked into my sneakers, and fingerless gloves.  I was perfectly warm.  My only problem was around mile 2 when one side of my running tights came un-tucked from my sneaker.  I hate that!

When we started the run, he asked if I wanted to do the course the hard way or the easy way.  I chose the hard way.  Because I’m hardcore.

The hard way means that we run up a very large hill at the end.  I was up for the challenge.  When we approached it, he gave me a little advice.  He told me to keep my chest up when running uphill.  I tried it and it made a huge difference.  He said that position allows your lungs to expand all the way.  See? I told you, he is very clever

Overall, it was a great run, full of brother-sister bonding, challenges, and running advice.
Here’s my Nike+ report:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!