Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Roasted Chickpeas

I just realized my last three recipes on here have been covered in cheese, so here's a quick little cheese-free recipe to keep things balanced.

If you haven't tried roasted chickpeas, you are really missing out!

Maybe it's just me, but I love chickpeas.  I love them in salads, I love them in hummus, and I even ate a bowl of chickpeas and cottage cheese one time and called it dinner.  I have a seriously addiction to these things.

When roasted, these little buggers might be the best side dish ever.
We made them to go with our roast chicken last night, and we couldn't stop sneaking little bites of them before the chicken was ready!

Directions:
Empty can of chickpeas into colander to rinse
Dry the chickpeas on a paper towel  Remove and discard any of the skins that come lose.
Transfer to roasting pan and coat with olive oil.  Season with salt and pepper and any other seasonings that you like.  We added some garlic salt as well.
Roast in oven at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!