Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Brunch and a 6 Mile Hike

This morning we decided to make an awesomely huge breakfast to fuel up before our hike.

While CJ shredded the potato for the hash browns, I worked on making the appetizer.

I made sliced bananas topped with a peanut butter and yogurt concoction.  I've made this before, but this time I added honey and cinnamon to the mix, yum!

I got some Tuscan Pane bread from TJ's so we toasted that and topped it with a fried egg and some cheese.  Delicious pre-hike fuel!

After we ate, we drove over to the Lynn Fells reservation called Sheepfold.  It's really close to our apartment so hopefully we can go often!  I really enjoyed the hike.
Apparently this park is a hot spot for people to bring their dogs! We saw so many different types of dogs, and it really made me want one!  But CJ said no, he's such a party pooper.
We decided to follow the Reservoir trail which is 6 miles long.  There is also a trail that goes 9 miles, and a shorter trail that is maybe around 3 miles.

CJ looks good, but I look bald.



 Along the way, we saw this cool tree house, and I was super jealous of the kid that gets to play in there!
The trail surrounded the Winchester public drinking water reservoir.  It was really pretty.  I wanted to dive in (but that's not allowed, and I don't really know how to dive).

It took us a little less than 3 hours to do the hike, which was slower than I anticipated, but we did stop to eat lunch, and accidentally got off the trail a few times.

It was such a beautiful day, and I'm glad I got to spend it outdoors!

Hope you had a nice Sunday as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!