Sunday, June 17, 2012

How to Make White Sangria

Hi Guys!  Did your weekend fly by, too?  I can't believe it's already Sunday.

On Saturday night, we decided to have a few friends over to see the place.  I bought some super cheap citrus from a "Farmer's Market" in downtown Melrose.  I put Farmer's market in quotations because they were selling citrus there (I live in new England, so it obviously wasn't grown locally)  and it had stickers on it.  I heard from a friend that this "Farmer's Market" is run by a guy who buys produce wholesale and sells it cheap to the public.  I got 4 navel oranges, 3 limes, and 2 lemons all for $3 total.  Pretty good deal!


Since I had a packet of Sangria Mix, and a surplus of citrus fruits and CSA strawberries, it was obvious I had to make Sangria!  I usually prefer red Sangria, but the packet's recipe called for white wine so that's what I got.  It turned out awesome and it was a big hit at our little get together. 
White Sangria
 Ingredients:
3 Bottles Pinot Grigio
1 packet Sangria Peach Passion Mixer(If you don't have a pre-made packet you can use 2/3 cup of white sugar, and a teaspoon of cinnamon, or ginger ale/sparkling water works too)
2 nips Grand Marnier
2 Oranges
2 Limes
1 Lemon
6 Strawberries

I got this packet from Liz's wedding shower.  I couldn't wait to use it!

Gather the ingredients
I'm obsessed with these mini Grande Marniers. 
Slice all your fruit pretty thin:




Pour the wine into a large bowl and dump in the sangria packet/sugar/ginger ale and Grand Marnier, stir until dissolved, and add fruit!  Let it sit for a few hours before serving.

Enjoy with your lovely friends, Hi Meaghan!


 Now I'm off to clean up our apartment before going to Lunch with my family for Father's Day!



2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to make Sangria, I'm definitely going to try this ASAP! :) P.S. we need a boston blogger meetup take two asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, make it! It's so easy and tasty! and yea we need to go to the top of the hub!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!