Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June Date: Golfing Adventures

A few months ago, CJ and I started a monthly date tradition.

The Guidelines
  • We alternate months planning the date
  • It has to be a surprise for the person not planning it
  • It doesn't have to be a typical date like "dinner and a movie" (thinking outside the box is encouraged)
June was my month to plan the date, so I decided to take CJ golfing.  This was a little tricky because CJ's golf clubs were at his parents house so I had to go pick them up without CJ knowing about it.  Luckily his younger brother helped coordinate a time for me to come get them.  It all worked out perfectly.

When I told him we were going golfing he was really excited.  One of his friend's gave him a cigar for our housewarming party so he wanted to smoke it while we golfed.  Typical male.

I took the day off of work because I have so much vacation time that I have to use by September 30th.  It was nice to be able to spend a weekday with him.  I don't really ever get to do that.

Since CJ just got a raise at work, I woke up a little bit early to bake him a loaf of banana bread before he woke up.  I planned on spelling out "congrats" on top of the loaf with chocolate chips, but I ran out of room at "congrat"  I had to put the "s" next to the loaf instead of on it.  Oh well.  It's the thought that counts, right?
After breakfast, we headed to a nearby golf course.  I had never been golfing before, so I had to learn all the basics.  CJ, who is naturally good at everything, was trying to teach me but I was having difficulties (per usual) .  It was embarrassing because I kept "whiffing" the ball.  Even though I wasn't that good I still had a lot of fun hanging out with my main man.

After 9 holes of golf, we worked up an appetite so we went to Polcari's.

Lunch got off to a rough start.  The waitress sprayed olive oil with hot pepper into her eye as she poured it.  Right as she was going to go wipe it out, CJ knocked his water over and it spilled all over my shorts.  A few minutes later she came over and told us she was going home and someone else was taking over our table!  I guess we were too much to handle!

After that, everything went back to normal and we had a nice lunch.  I ordered a garden salad and the eggplant rollatini.  Cj got the Chicken Parm. 


Can't wait to eat the leftovers!

2 comments:

  1. This idea is the cutest! I love the idea of planning a monthly date for each other. It's such a great way to keep the relationship fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah! Yea, it's super fun. I'm already looking forward to next month's!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!