Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wine and Beet Pizza with Friends!

What's the best way to beat the heat?  Invite some friends over, make a fancy artisan cheese and beet pizza, and then retreat to the one room in your apartment with an air conditioner and drink some wine! 
The amazing Annie chopping away (photographed by the multi-talented Shaina).  She made a killer coleslaw out of Napa cabbage, toasted sesame seeds (best flavor ever) balsamic vinaigrette, and lemon juice.  Sadly, I didn't get a picture of it!
I used wheat pizza dough, and regular pizza sauce from a jar.  Earlier in the day I had purchased some artisan cheese from the Farmer's market near my work.  It was seasoned with tomato, basil, and garlic.  It complimented the pizza so well.
On top of the artisan cheese, I layered on some chopped CSA tomatoes, and beet greens.  We chopped and boiled the beets, and once those were ready, we threw them on the pizza as well.  I put a little more cheese on top, and popped it into the oven.  While it was cooking, we ran into my bedroom and cranked the AC.
The finished product.   Sprinkled with basil fresh from the windowsill.  Even more delicious when consumed in an air conditioned room!


Keep cool, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!