Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend In Vermont: Part1

Hey Guys! Happy Monday!

I have a lot of catching up to do after my 3 day weekend in Vermont!  There is no cell service/internet/cable at the cabin in Vermont, so I've been completely out of the loop.  It's kind of nice to be so disconnected, especially when you are with friends.  Since no one had the distractions of Facebook, twitter, or text messages, we really got to spend quality time together.

Let's start with Friday.
CJ and I drove to Lebanon, NH, where we met up with our friends, Sean and Meaghan.  We grabbed some sandwiches at D'Angelo's, some bottled waters, and some American flag bandanas (you know, all the essentials),  and headed to hike Mt. Acustney. 

Side note:  I forgot my camera's memory card, so all these pictures were taken with Sean or Meaghan's Phones.  So I apologize for not being able to share everything from the hike! I'm still kicking myself for missing all the amazing photo ops.
We followed the Weathersfield trail, which is 2.9 miles each way (to the peak and back) and it is steep!  The entire trail was uphill.  It was very challenging, to say the least.  We were all dripping sweat, and had to take a lot of breaks along the way.  It was very important for us to stay hydrated since we were working so hard, and it was really hot out.  We went through tons of water!
There were a couple waterfalls along the trail.  We passed the little Cascade falls, the Crystal Cascade falls, and a few little streams.  The Crystal Cascade falls were really pretty.  It went for 80 ft!  We had fun throwing some sticks and rocks over the edge and listening to them hit the bottom.

We also saw tons of little frogs(toads?) along the trails too.  Here's CJ waiting to see if this one will turn into a prince. haha.
At Gus's Lookout we stopped for lunch.  It was such a nice view.  It took us about 2 hours to get to this point.  It was so nice to sit down and enjoy the view after such a challenging climb.  A turkey club never tasted so good!

We took some pictures before making the descent.  The way down wasn't easy!  We were fighting gravity the whole time, and you really had to be careful where you put your feet.  I think most of us almost twisted our ankles/knees at least once.  We made it down a lot faster then the way up, which was expected.  We were all very happy to see level ground!  The whole hike took us about 4 hours. 

Stay tuned for the rest of the trip which will include more waterfalls, scenic views, and fireflies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!