Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Weekend in Vermont: Part 2

Without further ado, here's Part 2 of the Vermont Weekend!
Most of these pictures were taken by the very talented CJ.  :)


Friday night was spent refueling with food, relaxing with friends, and reliving childhood memories of catching fireflies in a jar.  In the words of my fairy-loving friend, it was magical.

On Saturday, we went to a waterfall that I've been going to since I was little.  We had a good time exploring the area, and going in the water, which was freezing!

Even though the waterfall seemed smaller than I remembered, everyone thought it was beautiful, and it was definitely a cool place to hang out. 

We left the waterfall right as it started to rain, and when we got back, we lost power in the camp! 
But who minds the rain when you have a view like this?

We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out, playing guitar, making food on the grill, and waiting for the rain to let up!

Later that night, a few Luna Moths came to visit us.  I had never seen this kind of moth before, these things were huge and friendly!  To be honest, they made me a little nervous.  I just didn't want it to land on me...even though they are pretty, it gives me the creeps to have something crawl on me! 



Overall an awesome weekend, and as usual, we didn't want to leave!  I truly Love Vermont!



Part of this "healthy living" blog is sharing the things that make me happy, and not just the workouts I do and the things I eat.  I believe happiness is essential to living a "healthy" life.  You can eat all the vegetables you want, but without happiness, you're not going to  feel good.  And feeling good is what makes it all worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures. And that moth is gorgeous. I've never seen anything like it!
    PS - I totally agree with you that happiness is essential in living a healthy life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!! I had never seen them either! It's like the size of a bird! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!