Monday, June 11, 2012

Pork Chops with Rhubarb Compote

I figured out what to do with the rhubarb I got from the farm share!

After asking every person I know what to do with it, I settled on making a compote.  I used this recipe.  I also roasted some cauliflower, and made salads.

CJ and I felt like real chefs making this meal.  We snipped some thyme from our window sill herb garden to season the pork chops, we chopped up the rhubarb to make a delicious compote, and we had fresh salads with the farm share lettuce, broccoli, and radishes.  It doesn't get much better than that!

Side Note:  I have this weird thing where I can't eat bread that's not toasted.  I don't know why, but I just don't like un-toasted bread.  If you make me a sandwich on un-toasted bread, I'll eat it, but I'm not going to be a happy camper. 

Now I think I'm developing a similar thing with roasted vegetables.  It's only with certain vegetables like broccoli or cauliflowers, but I don't like to eat them raw/steamed/boiled/sauteed.  They HAVE to be roasted! 

Roasting is the way to go.  I think I want to start roasting fruits next.  I've seen recipes for roasted strawberries, grapefruit, and grapes.  You name it, I wanna roast it.








It was so yummy! After we ate, CJ said "this was the best dinner, yet!" and I'd have to agree.

Happy Roasting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!