Saturday, July 7, 2012

July Date: Rockport Day trip

Hi Pals!

Yesterday was July date!  For those of you who don't know, each month CJ and I take turns planning a date for each other.  This month it was CJ's turn to plan it, so we went to Rockport for a day of biking, beaching, and eating.  I loved every minute of it.
Rockport is basically the quintessential New England fishing town.  It's very picturesque with all the little shops, beaches, and fishing boats. 



This building is actually one of the most photographed and painted buildings in the world!  It's called motif #1. 


After biking around, we found a cute little beach(^) and hung out there for a while.  CJ doesn't like the beach, but he was a good sport and didn't complain too much about being there :).  I only made him suffer for about an hour before heading to lunch.
We ate at Blue Lobster Grille( I thought about texting my friend Meaghan because she has a blue lobster for a pet!  Yes, I keep an interesting group of friends.)  I didn't take any pictures of the lunch but I got a spinach salad, and CJ got the seafood Linguini.  Our restaurant had big windows facing the ocean so we could look out into the harbor.

For dessert we headed to a gelato shop.  After I sampled three different flavors, I picked the mocha chip, and CJ picked a mix of strawberry and blueberry.

  Yummm!  Not as good as the gelato in Italy, but I guess it comes close.

I highly recommend visiting Rockport if you are looking for somewhere to take a day trip.  There's lots to do:
Kayaking
Taking a tour in a Pirate ship
Fishing
Hiking Halibut point
Visiting Shops
Visiting Art Galleries
 Dining







Just for a recap, here are past month's dates:
April- Science Museum + Dinner at the Paramount (no post)
May- Sunday Brunch and a 6 mile Hike
June- Golf + lunch at Polcari's


Next month is my turn to plan the date.....if you have any ideas, please leave a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!