Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Recap! (and what's really in cool whip)


All I’ve done for the Christmas Holiday is eat!

Here’s some of the food highlights:

Christmas Eve:  homemade pizzas, wine, cookies, and White Russians 






Christmas Day:  Turkey, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, eggnog, pies and more...


Side Note:  When the desserts were being brought out, I noticed the lite Cool Whip container and decided to read the ingredients.  To which my Grandma asked "what are you doing that for? Do you do that with everything you eat?"  "No, Grandma, I'm just curious."  (jeez)

Haven't you always assumed that Cool whip would be made out of milk?  Yeah, me too!  Turns out the ingredients are: CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL* (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE (FROM MILK), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, SODIUM POLYPHOSPHATES, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR)....

There is no dairy in there! I guess they can get away with that because they call it "whipped topping" and not whipped cream.  The closest you come to dairy is the sodium caseinate, which is made of the protein Casien found in milk.  Answers.com defines sodium caseinate as : A tasteless, odorless, water-soluble, white powder; used in medicine, foods, emulsification, and stabilization; formed by dissolving casein in sodium hydroxide and then evaporating. Source


Christmas Night:  Sushi Boat from Oye’s! This thing was massive and awesome...


Day-after Christmas: Applebee’s soup and salad combo and a Pomegranate Lemonade


I was so sore from my Jingle&Jab class that I didn’t work out at all on Christmas.  And I was perfectly ok with that! 

Oh, and dreams do come true!  Thanks, Santa!
the yoga mat of my dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!